The Commitment – At least once a month, do something that differs considerably from life’s normal routine.
This element seems like it will be the easiest and most fun - but it is still a commitment. It is so easy to get sucked into life's routine, to do nothing extraordinary for months at a time. This element will keep things interesting. For inspiration, I enjoyed this list. Here are some of my own ideas:
- Fitness Challenge such as running a 10K, Mud Run, or completing a Tough Mudder event.
- Travel of any kind to a new place, near or far. A weekend visit to a new city or countryside town nearby would count.
- See a concert, play, or performance
- Take a cooking class or attend a wine tasting
- Visit a farm
- Try a sensory deprivation tank (I enthusiastically endorse this one)
- Attend a lecture
- Visit a Blues/Jazz club
- Host a big BBQ or party with friends (if you don't typically do so)